Thursday, May 21, 2009

Projects

Since I finally put our house all together I have had time to work on the things that I want. Since there has been a baby boom in our family I have kept busy making blankets for all of them. All three of my sister-in-laws from Joe's side of the family have had (or about to have) babies. Dana had a little girl in March. They named here Leah. I made her a purple (grape) and lime green afghan. Deena had a little boy in April. His name is Wyatt. His blanket was dark brown and olive green. Amy is due in June with a little boy. I made his dark brown and country blue. I usually take pictures of all of my blankets so I remember what colors look good together, but I forgot to get pictures of those three.

For Christmas my in-laws gave me a quilting frame, which I've been wanting forever. My father-in-law made it and I love it. It makes a huge difference! I usually just quilt on the floor. Definately not good on my back and the blankets didn't turn out as tight. Anyway... My brother Jeff and his wife just had a baby girl yesterday, Shaylee May, and I made them a quilt using my frame.


And here is the finished project.
My friend Paul and his wife Nicole just had a baby girl too. Here is the blanket I sent to them.


So that's what has been keeping me busy. Now that I'm caught up with all the babies I want to make some more blankets and try to sell them. If anyone has any ideas on what colors I should do, leave me a message in the comments. That's all for now! We've got birthdays coming up so I'll have plenty more pictures to post.

1 comment:

Truffle Shuffle said...

Bleah! You're a blanket makin' machine!