Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Finally Done


Everyone has been asking for pictures so now that we are done unpacking, here they are. The movers came and dropped off our stuff on April 20th. All in all they did a pretty good job. A lamp got broken (I hated it anyway), there's a chunk out of one of our end tables, a scratch on the piano bench, and a broken pot, but that's about it. I was expecting much worse.


This is how the girls kept themselves entertained while I unpacked. Ozzy joined in the fun too. (His eyes look creepy in this picture)

Our room-Yes, I got to keep my vanity!

Girl's Room

Office

Living Room

Playroom
I was standing in the laundry room/toy area to take this picture. I didn't think you needed to see that though.

My van doesn't fit in the garage very well so we just turned it into our exercise room/workshop.

Half of the kitchen. I don't have much cupboard space so I'm hoping to find a pantry cabinet to put on that wall.

The other half of the kitchen.

Dining Room

Backyard

And finally...


The only injury during the whole move. When I was unpacking the kitchen I dropped my corion cutting board on my foot. It split the skin and bruised it pretty badly. I think I might have cracked the bone because the sore is gone now, but it still hurts to put on shoes and put pressure on it and there's a hard knot on the bone. (Just like my knee for those of you who know about my retarded knee.) The satillite installer was in the other room when I did it. I yelled pretty loud (a few profanities probably escaped my lips) and he said from the other room, "Mame? Do you need some help?"

So far we are loving it up here. The people are all so friendly. Our neighbors have even come over to say hi. (We've never had friendly neighbors.)It's been a little bit of a culture shock compared to Albuquerque! Also, everything is so clean! The stores, the streets, and the parks. We've got everything we need within a five minute drive. (Except for Sam's club which we are supposed to be getting soon! Right now we have to drive 20 minutes which is the same as we did in Abq.)

That's it for our move. Until next the next one!

Just kidding..... Hopefully the next move is into our own house in this city, but not for another year.

1 comment:

KTLADY said...

Holy cow, I didn't realize you had all that space! Cool! I bet the girls are so happy to finally have their new house put together! Looks good! Where's the picture of MY room? I must have missed that one. Sorry about your toe... it made me hurt just thinking about it. But you still have cute feet.