Kari Ann told me that it was time for me to put something new on my blog, so here it is. The last month has been kind of crazy. Right after Aly's birthday we ended up going up to Farmington for Joe's aunts funeral. Since I was going to be going up for July 4th anyway, I decided to just stay up there and Joe came back home for work. I was up there just over 2 weeks. We stayed pretty busy and had lots of time to spend with the family. The girl's really enjoyed having their cousins to play with. On July 4th we spent the day swimming and having a BBQ with my family. That afternoon, Joe surprised us and showed up. He had told me he wasn't going to come back up, but he did anyway. It was a nice surprise because we missed him. We did fireworks that night with Joe's family. Aly was scared of them so her Aunt Amy took her back in the house and they watched from the window. Saturday Joe and I got to go on a date (which doesn't happen very often). We went and saw Get Smart. It was pretty good, but at the same time it was ruined because there were some really annoying people in the theater that kept repeating the lines and laughing really loud at parts that weren't funny. Joe headed back home on Sunday, but the girls and I stayed because Kayla took a dance class at the Kiddie Kollege with her cousin, Jaylee. She had a lot of fun and she did really good at the recital too. I'm going to post the video, but I don't have the cord yet so it will have to wait. (For some reason every store in town is sold out of the firewire we need to connect our digital video camera up to the computer. We have to order it online.) We came home on Friday afternoon. I drove through 3 separate rain storms. Thank goodness the girls slept so I could concentrate on driving. I'm also glad I had the van because our Nissan doesn't handle well in bad weather. Anyway... we're home and settled now. The girl's had doctor appointments last week and they both had to get shots. Then they were sick the day after that. Kayla starts school next Tuesday so I'm trying to think of fun things to do for her last week of summer break. She's going to a year-round school so they start a lot earlier than most schools. I'll have to post some pictures of her in her uniform. Well, that's all for now. I'll try not to get so behind on my posts anymore. :-)

The night before we left for Farmington, Kayla fell of her bed and hit her face on her dresser.

Kayla got a haircut! This is while we were waiting for her turn.

At the fireworks with their cousin Allison.

My surfer girl with Grandpa Churchill. She refused to put her swimsuit on that day.

Jaylee and Kayla getting ready for dance class.

Our little ballerinas.

My sisters and I had went and had pizza at a park one night. No kids!
This is how the Churchill's spend their 4th of July.
1 comment:
Jeff totally would have had him if he flip turned!
Post a Comment