I'm finally updating my blog! I haven't gotten a chance to post anything for a while because we were gone for Thanksgiving, then I was busy packing and moving, and then we were in Farmington until Thursday. We just had our Internet and phone set up so now I don't have any more excuses. I don't have any pictures to post though because I'm waiting to download them to our other computer. Anyway...
It's been a very busy month for us. After Thanksgiving we left the girls in Farmington with my mom so that I could get our apartment in Socorro packed and cleaned. We moved into a house in Albuquerque on December 1st. I love this house! It's a 2-story, 4-bedroom, 2.5 bath. I'm have so much space! It feels so empty compared to our small 2-bed apartment. I'm sure I'll fill it with junk soon enough though. There's two living spaces down stairs plus a loft upstairs that we're using as a playroom. We're also living right across the street from a huge park. I'll post pictures of it later.
On December 14th Joe graduated from NMT! It's been a long haul and I'm so proud of him for working so hard. He'll start his new job at Lockheed Martin on January 7th. I'm keeping him busy until then with getting our house all put together and settled.
On December 22 we went up to Durango and rode the Polar Express. We went with almost all of my family and had a really good time. It was freezing cold, but we had fun anyway. Surprisingly, Aly stayed awake through the whole thing and she wasn't crying the whole time. (She's getting all four of her I-teeth, so she hasn't been too happy.)
Christmas was fun. We did the family thing with both sides.
Our 5th Anniversary was on the 27th, but we drove back to Albuquerque that day so we celebrated the day before.
Now we're home and trying to get settled. I've got most of the big stuff taken care of, but there's still random boxes around. The hardest part for me is trying to figure out where I want to put decorations an pictures. We're also trying to make-do with our old furniture for a while.
That's about all of our excitement for now. I'll post some of the pictures from the last month soon, so keep checking back!
1 comment:
Emily, I'm so glad that everything is starting to settle down for your family! Congrats on the new house and job! That's so exciting! I know that both of your families are so proud of you guys, I'm constantly getting updates and I love it! Take care!
Post a Comment