Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Son

Justin Wayne Stradling was born Monday February 15, 2010 at 7:56 am. I was 36 weeks pregnant. The labor lasted only 4 hours and was without complications. When Justin was born he cried, opened his eyes for just a moment, and grasped onto my finger. His big sisters, Kayla and Alyssa, were able to come and spend a little bit of time with him while he was still with us. Justin slowly slipped away at 9:53 am, after a short life of just under 2 hours. He passed away from a birth defect known as Bilateral Renal Agenesis. (He was born without kidneys.) A viewing was held in Farmington, New Mexico on Friday February 19, 2010 followed by a graveside service at Greenlawn Cemetery. We appreciate all of the love, support, and prayers on our behalf during this difficult time. We are very blessed to have had Justin in our lives and we look forward to when we will get to be with him again.












4 comments:

Liz said...

Emily, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous. My mom told me about your beautiful little guy and I have been praying for you and your family. I can't imagine what you have been through, but I'm so glad you were able to spend those wonderful couple hours with him. What a blessing gospel perspective is.
I hope you're doing well. Tell Joe hi for me.
Love
Liz (Rhien)

KTLADY said...

Love you.

Miss Crys said...

You are such a beautiful family. My thoughts, prayers, and hopes for sacred and pure experiences to come your way--you are a chosen family sent to endure much heartache and trial, but intended to overcome with great blessings. Love you guys! Your son is beautiful.

Alli grins said...

Just stumbled upon your blog through Facebook. I'm so glad you were able to get such amazing pictures taken! These are so beautiful and truly priceless. You've been amazing through all of this and I hope you are finding happiness in each day. Love you!