Okay, Amy tagged me so here goes.
My 5 joys:
1) Of course my family.
2) Sleeping. Even though I don't get nearly as much as I would like, I savor every minute I get.
3) Getting to go on dates (without the kids)! Does not happen very much so I look forward to it.
4) Curling up with a good book.
5) Loud (good) music. Sometimes I just love to put my headphones on and tune out the world.
(I know I'll probably go deaf someday, but I don't care cause it's worth it to me!)
My 5 fears:
1) My #1 fear is a tie between 2 things. First, loosing Joe. I couldn't do the single mom thing. I'd loose my sanity. Plus, he's my best friend and always makes me laugh so I'd miss him a lot. (I know, sappy, huh?) Second, loosing my kids. No explanation needed.
2)Snakes. No, seriously. I can't even watch them on TV or see a picture of them without starting to get a panic attack. I have to skip that exhibit at the zoo or the pet store. Boots, purses, whatever. Even fake ones freak me out. When we lived in Socorro there was a dead rattle snake by the dumpster so I never took the trash out there again. Joe always had to do it.
3)Getting into a car accident. I know this sounds weird, but I've always had a feeling that's how I'm gonna go. Creepy, huh?
4)Clowns. They're creepy. That's all there is to it.
5)Small, confined spaces. I'm a little (okay, a lot) claustrophobic. I think it has to do with the time we were playing hide and seek when I was little, I hid in a box and everyone forgot about me so ended up staying there for a really long time. Thanks Kari Ann and Katie! :-)
My 5 obsessions/collections: (This ones easy!)
1) I'm ocd with a lot of things, but there are a few things worse than others. Our DVD's have to be in a certain order. I can leave the room and Joe will move one and I will know which one the second I come back it. The dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way. I have to clean the house in a certain order. Should I keep going?
2) Books. I read A LOT! And fast too. It's very unusual for me to take more than a week to read a book, no matter the size. I'd like to thank my speed reading abilities to all of the hours that I spent reading textbooks. I also keep a journal of all of the books I've read and what I like and don't like so if you need any suggestions, I've got a few.
3) Lists. I have lists for everything. But not just any lists. Color coded lists.
4) A collection I have is sentimental junk. I have kept a lot of things (mostly dumb) from events in my life. For example...I have a tooth that was pulled after I broke it on pizza. I have all of my wisdom teeth that were removed too.
5) I love to look at the Sunday ads. Even though I hate shopping, it's still fun to see what's on sale.
5 Surprising facts about me:
--This one was kind of hard since I'm a pretty open book. I had to ask Joe for help.
1) This one's kind of embarrassing, but hey, I don't care. I am an awesome burper. And I've got the proof on a video of a family burping contest. I have been known to rattle windows with my burps. I control myself now that I am married, but that's only because I don't want to show up Joe. :-)
2) I hate shopping and I hate spending money. I'm a cheap skate and I'd much rather put money towards something important like my girl's college funds, a down payment on a house or use it towards paying my car off. The only thing I like to buy is books because I know I'll read them over and over again or sell them when I'm done with them.
3)I remember a lot of things. Like my sisters forgetting about me while I'm hiding in a box. :-) I remember birthdays and anniversaries, old phone numbers, etc. I even remember conversations I had when I was in kindergarten. I was never good at remembering dates and names for history though. I guess I just blocked those out.
4) Here's one no one knows. I've always wished I had dark brown eyes. Maybe I should just get colored contacts.
5) Here's another one Joe told me that's not surprising for some of my family... I slept with my baby blanket, that I called my bunny blanket (It had pink bunnies all over it), until I was 19 years old. Joe told me if I wanted to marry him I had to give it up. It was him or the blanket. Obviously I chose him, but I still pull it out of my Hope Chest every now and then.
So now I'm supposed to tag 5 people but almost everyone I know has done this, so if you haven't done it yet, I tag you.
1 comment:
Sorry about the repeat tag, I didn't know who hadn't done it. Maybe it can retire now. But hey, I didn't know you were afraid of snakes. I did know about the bunny blanket, but it's still funny.
Post a Comment